GBC UK have recently achieved full accreditation to the Joint Supply Chain Accreditation Register (JOSCAR). JOSCAR is the new accreditation system for the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors, allowing suppliers to demonstrate that they are ‘fit for business’.
The system was established following an initiative led by ADS and includes a growing number of prime contractors as registered buyers.
The accreditation process includes verification of company capability, quality assurance, information security, business continuity, insurance, financial health and ethical operations.
Benefits to Buyers
- Demonstrates to clients and other stakeholders that we are “fit for business”
- JOSCAR provides immediate access to a single source of accurate, comprehensive and high quality data
- Reduces time and cost associated with pre-qualification, assurance and ongoing compliance
- More effective identification and management of supply chain risks and brand reputation
- Facilitates increased supplier development and performance
- Enhanced management information reporting on key supplier measures
Benefits to Industry
- Improved overall standard, quality and performance of suppliers to the industry
- Encourages innovation and new suppliers, especially SMEs, to enter ADS markets
- Demonstrates internationally the efficacy of UK suppliers and supply chains
Over 2,500 suppliers have so far been invited to apply for JOSCAR accreditation by BAE Maritime Services, Babcock International, Selex ES and QinetiQ Ltd. GBC UK are proud to be one of these suppliers who has been invited and accepted.